viernes, septiembre 17, 2004

Received
Prayer to the Great Spirits

I do not know if this is really a pray to the Great Spirit, but there is really beauty and wisdom in these verses


Prayer to the Great Spirit


Oh, Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the wind,
Whose breath gives life to all the world.

Hear me; I need your strength and wisdom.
Let me walk in beauty,
and make my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset.

Make my hands respect the things you have made
and my ears sharp to hear your voice

Make me wise so that I may understand
the things you have taught my people.

Help me to remain calm and strong
in the face of all that comes towards me.

Let me learn the lessons you have hidden
in every leaf and rock.

Help me seek pure thoughts
and act with the intention of helping others.

Help me find compassion
without empathy overwhelming me.

I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother,
but to fight my greatest enemy,
Myself.

Make me always ready to come to you
with clean hands and straight eyes.

So when life fades, as the fading sunset,
my spirit may come to you without shame.

- Chief Yellow Lark, 1887

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

saludos cesar soy el pana de la cola de los pasaportes
esta es la pagina que te dije del perro jejeje saludos.
Pedro

http://www.fotolog.net/petayo/